Legislation relating to Child Protection
Here we have gathered together links to the main laws in New Zealand relating to child protection. This is not an exhaustive list.
Please note that as legislation is updated from time-to-time, we suggest you always check on the legislation website that you are viewing the most up-to-date versions.
- Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 Children and Young People’s Wellbeing Act 1989
- Oranga Tamariki (National Care Standards and Related Matters) Regulations 2018
- Care of Children Act 2004
- Oranga Tamariki (Residential Care) Regulations 1996
- Oversight of Oranga Tamariki System Act 2022
- Children’s Act 2014